- About Us
- Take Action
- Action Reports
Earned Sick Time
210,000 workers in Philadelphia have no paid sick days. We're working to pass legislation to insure that no worker has to choose between taking care of the themselves or losing a days pay!
Promoting Healthy Families and Workplaces Act, Bill No. 080474
Sponsor: Philadelphia Councilman Darrell L. Clarke (D-5) Click here to see fact v. fiction
Co-sponsor: Philadelphia Councilman William Greenlee (D- At-Large)
Committee: Committee on Public Health and Human Services
What does it do?
- This bill would make sure that all workers in the city of Philadelphia can earn a minimum number of paid sick days each year to care for their own health needs or the needs of their families.
- Employees would be able to earn a minimum of one hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked up to a minimum of 72 hours per year (9 paid sick days per year). For small businesses (10 employees or less) employees could earn up to a minimum of 40 hours of per year (5 paid sick days per year).
- Employees cannot begin using the sick time until they have worked for 30 calendar days.
- Earned sick days are good for public health, smart for business, and increase job security
- This bill strengthens our communities by supporting families and workers
How can you take ACTION?
- call your councilperson and ask them if they will vote to support the Earned sick time Bill
- Send them a postcard or an e-letter
- Join ACTION United!